Modular courses in Modern Orthopaedic Medicine Cyriax
Which practical strategy do we use in specific Orthopaedic Medicine (Cyriax) course modules ?
We avoid "artificial hypercomplication" in theoretical or practical procedures and therefore we try to focus on relevant and practical details that really matter and that have an influence on our diagnostic and treatment procedure ; the study of each joint is composed of the following elements :
- where necessary, there is a specific, practical, anatomical recapitulation
- features of the specific and general history
- inspection, functional examination, palpation and accessory examination
- how to interprete all test movements
- how to reach a diagnosis / differential diagnosis
- how to work with the standardized Cyriax Orthopaedic Assessment Form
- how to determine a treatment strategy - clinical reasoning procedures
- orthopaedic manual therapy (Cyriax) treatment techniques : transverse friction massage, manipulation, traction, mobilization, injection, infiltration
- recapitulation sessions by using moc clinics, clinical recapitulation schemes, multiple choice questions, true-false questions and practical recapitulation of examination and treatment procedures
Where can you attend a modular course ?
The ETGOM Cyriax courses are offered world wide. Look here for the city / country of your choice.
What's the content of the Diploma course in modern orthopaedic medicine Cyriax ?
The course is spread over different modules : A, B, C, D, E and the exam course F.
Meet our international Cyriax Teaching Team
The ETGOM teaching team (MD's and PT's) is an international group of therapists who share the same passion. The ETGOM team presents about 100 course days each year.
Free webinars ?
On a regular basis we offer free webinars on different topics.
Meet our diplomees...
In numerous countries colleagues successfully completed the theoretical and practical exams in order to receive the Diploma in Orthopaedic Medicine.