Orthopaedic Manual Therapy - Musculoskeletal Medicine courses : Strategy
You like to deal with soft tissue lesions of the musculoskeletal system ? ETGOM offers modular courses in modern orthopaedic manual therapy (Cyriax) covering updated relevant diagnostic and treatment procedures. Besides the regular modular courses we also offer a unique private training program.
Modern Orthopaedic Manual Therapy - Musculoskeletal Medicine (Cyriax) : program options
You can attend several compact courses and/or continue into the Diploma program, which is organized in a series of countries or you follow a training in the ETGOM training centre in Belgium :
- Custom made private training program in the ETGOM Training Center in Belgium
- Orthopaedic highlights, spine : 3 day compact course on clinical reasoning and treatment lumbar spine : SI joint
- Orthopaedic highlights, extremities : 3 day compact course on the extremities
- Diploma course on Modern Orthopaedic Manual Therapy (Cyriax)
- Injections and infiltrations, extremities and spine : a 2 day practical course
After each course module, participants receive a course certificate.
After having attended the complete course, participants can participate at the diploma examination course, in order to obtain the international ETGOM diploma in modern orthopaedic medicine Cyriax.
Your contact data will then be listed on the Certified Cyriax Therapists page.
Which practical strategy do we use in specific course modules ?
We avoid "artificial hypercomplication" in theoretical or practical procedures and therefore we try to focus on relevant and practical details that really matter and that have an influence on our diagnostic and treatment procedure ; the study of each joint is composed of the following elements :
- where necessary, there is a specific, practical, anatomical recapitulation
- features of the specific and general history
- inspection, functional examination, palpation and accessory examination
- how to interprete all test movements
- how to reach a diagnosis / differential diagnosis
- how to work with the standardized Cyriax Orthopaedic Assessment Form
- how to determine a treatment strategy - clinical reasoning procedures
- orthopaedic manual therapy (Cyriax) treatment techniques : transverse friction massage, manipulation, traction, mobilization, injection, infiltration
- recapitulation sessions by using moc clinics, clinical recapitulation schemes, multiple choice questions, true-false questions and practical recapitulation of examination and treatment procedures