Cyriax Modern Orthopaedic Medicine Courses
We go for YOUR success in orthopaedic medicine !
The European Teaching Group of Orthopaedic Medicine, Cyriax (ETGOM) offers the best continuing education courses in modern orthopaedic musculoskeletal medicine for health professionals
- focus on clinical examination with emphasis on relevant clinical reasoning, diagnosis, differential diagnosis
- conservative treatment of soft tissue injuries of the musculoskeletal system
- frequently used treatment options are : transverse friction massage, spinal and peripheral manipulation, mobilization, spinal traction, home exercises- self treatment strategy, injection and infiltration. We also incorporate, when indicated, the use of Radial Shock Wave Therapy.
After attending the basic and advanced training program in modern orthopaedic medicine (Cyriax) the therapist must be able
- to examine a patient in an independent, reliable and safe way and
- to reach a diagnosis as specific and as valid as possible.
- He must manage a multifactorial objective clinical reasoning system.
We focus on diagnosis and therapy within the field of musculoskeletal medicine. Once a diagnosis is obtained the therapist can start a relevant conservative treatment strategy, taking into account the nature, the severity and the localization of the lesion, as well as the personality of the patient, with respect for symbiotic treatment options and inter-method links .
The therapist will promote a thourough multidisciplinary team work between MD and pysical therapist in order to optimize the efficiency of the examination and treatment techniques.
Besides achieving a diagnosis one must also know how to achieve a diferential diagnosis including the recognition of red flags.The therapist has to take into account changing the treatment procedure if necessary, also with emphasis on self treatment and prophylactic strategies in order to help the patient to return to his normal daily activities in a most optimal way.
Up to date Modern Orthopaedic Medicine Cyriax
- Some hypotheses have been refuted, others have been confirmed by qualitative research and others need more investigation.
- Several treatment techniques have been abandoned, others have been optimized significantly
- Modern Orthopaedic Musculoskeletal Medicine is a very strong diagnostic and therapeutic concept, which is not a "stand alone" nor a “guru” concept.
- It is an open vision system compatible with some other views and approaches in the field of musculoskeletal medicine (e.g. McKenzie, Maitland, Mulligan,...), but the concept of modern Orthopaedic Musculoskeletal Medicine provides an absolute stepstone for all therapists who are involved in diagnosis and treatment of soft tissue lesions.
We avoid "artificial hypercomplication" and "wishful thinking" procedures, perhaps too frequently seen in our profession, instead we prefer to focus on relevant and reliable clinical reasoning procedures and qualitative research.
Invest in efficient knowledge and enhance your diagnostic and therapeutic skills.
ETGOM courses are offered world wide.